Monday, September 17, 2012

Dear Stay at Home Mom,

I don't know why the Lord does what He does sometimes.  Do you know what its like to have to do something every day, but know damn well you don't believe in what you are doing.  That something else will always be what's best for your kids and even for yourself.  I do know my belief in Jesus has remained and even strengthened in the past two years.  There is so much faith required to trust that your kids will be alright when you are gone... not to mention when you are with them!

Stay at Home Mom, how are you this week?  Have you shared your deepest darkest struggle with your person?  Have you been honest with yourself? I know that I am trying to get better with this.  Just because no one asked me how my day was, doesn't mean I have to keep it to myself.  Moms are always working, at home all day or at work and at home, and we need to talk.  We need an ear to care.  We were created for this.

Who do you turn to when you feel overwhelmed.  Where do you go when you feel like you are drowning?  A person, a place, are you just waiting for nap time? 

This school year, I am trusting in the Lord more than ever.  I want to find new ways to follow and to be lead.  Encouraging other woman is important.

So I'll be praying for you.  When you wake up sick and still have to work, even after you were up all night with your baby.  I'll be praying for you when you are pumping three times a day at work, so that you can nurse when you get home.  I'll be praying for you when you are trying to pursue your husband and he is caught up in his job.  I'll be praying for you when your kids are screaming at the same time, when they are hungry for the 100th snack of the day, but they won't eat lunch.  While you are potty training and changing 10 poopy diapers a day.  When you haven't showered in a few days,  and after you were thrown up on and took turns taking off work with your husband.  You probably just did 15 loads of laundry.

So.  I'll be praying for you.  The Stay at Home Mom.  The Super Mom.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Corithians 10:13

No comments: