Sunday, June 15, 2014

Resurfacing

I have missed my blog so much!  The past few months I have started a few blogs, but some kid, some end of year paper work, some final touches with a student's work, some part of my life sideswiped my thoughts... and I fell into the black hole.       of. nothingness.      of. blankness.      of. _________.

Gladly, I resurface.  Summer is here.  10 years of teaching.  33 years old.  4 year old and a 3 year old (THIS WEEK), 9 year of marriage (in August).

A LOT of stuff went REALLY WELL this year!!!!!! I'm so excited to say!  Last year was blah, this year was YAY!

We had another fabulous, amazing year of childcare.  Ms. Kim is our angel on earth.  If you think of her please pray for her as she transitions to a life with her father in heaven.  He passed away this month, and she has an amazing story of forgiveness with him, and he was super proud of her.  He was  also loved by Nate and Nola... who lovingly turned his name BOBBY into a bad word.  "you're a BOOOOBBY!)  Anyways, pray for Ms. Kim.  We love her so. 
My momma... Who also takes care of us weekly. Thank you. Nate and Nola cherish you deeply. Stop spoiling them. (Haha). 

My marriage... is in a new place.  A million times better place.  HOORAY! Thank you to the men who love my husband so much and call him to have breakfast.  Thank you to the ladies who listen when I need an ear.  Mostly thank you to my man, who didn't give up on us, and loved me so much to hear me out when I needed him to.  Let me tell you about marriage... um, it's freakin hard.  It is work. Dirty, muddy, filthy, with earthworms rolling around, work.  It is not rainbows and lollipops, fulfilling the true meaning of loving someone means brilliant amounts of sacrifice and transparency.  This girl, is preciously thankful for a beautiful year of marriage... muah!

So you brought out the best of me,
A part of me I'd never seen.
You took my soul and wiped it clean.
Our love was made for movie screens.


Kodaline... All I Want

Family... my youngest sister had a baby.  Meiomi... her names means the coast.  She is so cute.  I've never seen such a pretty baby.  She never had a froggy moment.  Eric and Ellen are great parents, and with work, I haven't been around much, so I'm glad the summer time is here and I'll get to love on them better.  Adelaide, graduated from 5th grade.  I do not know how this is allowed. ADELAIDE! This girl, people, she is  beautiful and brave! She is talented and funny.  She is a total package...  I love her. Myles is going into 3rd grade... which just looks wrong when I wrote it.  They had a great school year.  Myles made a lot of cool friends this year.  He is going to be a heart breaker.  My sister, Abby turned 32... hello!!!  She is gorgeous and I'm really thankful for her.  We are trying to get better about calling each other, but neither one of us like to talk on the phone.  (Especially me.)

Work... we had a good year in Mrs. Crawford's 2nd grade!  It was NOT EASY.  My students worked hard and everyone made growth.  I was able to help and support three of my students to receive extra services that they really need.  Which is a huge accomplishment.  I was voted Teacher of the Year by my peers, and I'm grateful to have made some wonderful friendships in the three years that I've been here. Super special gratefulness to my partner in crime... Rhonda and her side kick A.T. (we have a lot of Amanda's at our school) We just keep fighting crime at HDES... like all good super heroes.

My students performed this song for their parents at their awards ceremony.  Side note... since becoming a mom... I CRY on all my AWARDS days... ugh.... mush and YES we had awesome motions for each verse... :)

I had a dream so big and loud 
I jumped so high I touched the clouds 
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh
(Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh)

I stretched my hands out to the sky 
We danced with monsters through the night
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh
(Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh)

I'm never gonna look back, whoa
Never gonna give it up, no
Please don't wake me now 

This is gonna be the best day of my life 
My life-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ife 
This is gonna be the best day of my life 
My life-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ife

I howled at the moon with friends 
And then the sun came crashing in 
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh
(Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh)

But all the possibilities 
No limits just epiphanies 
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh
(Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh)

I'm never gonna look back, whoa
Never gonna give it up, no
Just don't wake me now 


The Best Day of My Life... American Authors


Of all these things... my most challenging goal was for myself.  This year, I started goal planning.

And said SELF... make time for you.  Take care of you.  Set some time away for your heart and soul.  Do something fun for you every month.  Find her again, that girl, that's not just a mom, wife, or teacher. She needs us, find her.

THAT'S what I did!
I trained for a 5k and RAN IT. I successfully left my children for a whole weekend, and went on a women's retreat.  We asked for help with the kids, and went out on date nights.  I did NOT apologize for making time with my friends (no kids allowed). I went shopping alone.  Nola and I went and got our toes painted a few times.  I went to the grocery store ALONE. I went to bed EARLY! Sometimes, all I had left was to just show up... so that was what I did.  I rebuked mommy guilt. Mommy guilt is no joke.  Maybe I struggle more because I work full time, I really don't know.

In the clearing stands a boxer 
And a fighter by his trade 
And he carries the reminders 
Of ev'ry glove that layed him down 
Or cut him till he cried out 
In his anger and his shame 
"I am leaving, I am leaving" 
But the fighter still remains 

The Boxer...

So... thank you to a successful 2013-2014 school year.  (I function on school years... not normal years)

resurfacing... more and more every day all summer.... CHEERS!

 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.

Psalm 91:14-16

PS..... Happy Father's Day.... to my babies daddy, my daddy, and all the amazing daddies.  I posted to T, on Instagram and FB... as eloquently as I could.  xoxoxo

No comments: