Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Story


I know when I feel really uncertain about an essay I type... it will never get published.  Sometimes thoughts are just too jumbled, and highlight and delete occurs.  Sorry, you'll never see the light of the internet!


I've been thinking so much lately about everything... Not too broad right?  It's the holidays, I want to hide.  AT the same time, I want to make it special for my kids.  I'm TIRED and school, church, friends, families, ALL have stuff to do to party for the holidays!  So guess WHAT I start to miss... behind the hustle and the bustle.  Behind the jingles and the jangles.  Behind party, party, party... is

the story.


My kids and I have been reading the Jesus Storybook Bible... and it's infiltrating my mind. 


"Because God loves us with a Never Stopping,
Never Giving Up, Unbreaking,
Always and Forever Love-
Heaven is breaking through!
He is sending us a Light from Heaven
To shine on us like the sun
To shine on those who live in darkness
And the in the shadow of death
To guide our feet into the way of peace."  The Jesus Storybook Bible






My story, my day to day, my mumbo jumbo, my nonsense is just meant to bring praise.  We each have a great story.  It has failure and triumph.  It has simple and complicated.  Your story is you.  It's in who you marry.  The ups and downs of your children being born.  When you graduated from college, got a tattoo and dumped that loser boyfriend (c'mon you know you did too).  When you stood up tall one day and proclaimed that in that moment you would not doubt yourself any longer and believe you are strong!  The way you decided you just couldn't be around those friends anymore.


It doesn't matter how many strangers look at the different colors in my Crawford party of four, and wonder if my children have the same dad.  It doesn't matter how many stares I notice and don't notice.   It doesn't matter how many times I watch my kids throw a temper tantrum at Target. Smile at a mom dealing with the same issue... Or wish I had earplugs on in the car with screaming toddlers.   Chaos, disappointment, frustration, anger are all a part of me. What matters is the grace in which, I answer questions, and love my children.  The way that I encourage my husband and open my life to curiosity.


This is my story.  This is my song.  Praising my Savior all the day long.  His never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love gives me peace. 


That brave Savior sent himself as a baby... the most vulnerable human on earth.  For all of your stories.


So cheers to the holidays!  Bring on the madness of the elves, the enchantment and the Santa.  And the curiosity of the strangers doubting the new baby king, the bravery of his parents who took one moment at a time.  Here we come Christmas!




Let Him be a reason you begin living again & being a boss is overrated, you want to change the world? Be a servant.

"But this child was a new kind of king.  Though he was the Prince of Heaven, he had become poor.  Though he was the Mighty God, he had become a helpless baby.  This King hadn't come to be the boss.  He had come to be a servant." The Jesus Storybook Bible













No comments: