Saturday, December 15, 2007

179

Okay, I'm doing something that I've never done before. Sharing one of my biggest desires, and struggles with everyone... well everyone who reads my blog. We always attempt to have a New Year's resolution, but this year, I'm going to really stick to mine. I am going to lose weight. And I'm doing it differently this year. I'm going to write about it. Weigh in, and write about it. Write about the excitement, and the frustrations... Its totally different for me, sharing the truths of my heart only occur with certain people, and even then it can be guarded. I don't want that now though, I think that if I'm going to really lose this weight, then I have to let it all hang out... for lack of better words. 179 lbs according to my scale, for a 5'3 woman, age 27. I've never weighed this much before. I don't want to gain any more weight. So here is what is going to change. I'm going to be completely honest about what I'm doing here... I'm going to keep track of what I'm eating, and be sure to exercise every day, or at least 4 times a week. I'm going to write about it, at least once a week. My biggest desire right now is to lose 20 lbs. Go from a size 12/14 to a 8/10. To not always feel self-conscious. To feel sexy to my husband, and to be able have fun when I shop for clothes to fit me. To wear a smaller bra. To get better at yoga.

I'm excited to see what happens... this should be interesting

5 comments:

Laura said...

That's awesome!! You are so motivated :o) Christmas will be hard though I bet...all the sugar cookies and junk food is hard to resist. Are you going to start Jan 1st or now?

hillary starrett said...

way to go! i'm here for you court if you need accountability or anything! :) i love you!!

Kim Tapp said...

major props for sharing your journey with all of us blog-readers! i definitely understand struggles with food...i'm here for ya if you need anything!

molly n. warner said...

Court - I am marveling at your bravery. Thanks for welcoming us all into this journey with you - and for setting the example that much of what we want to and should do in this life can NOT be done alone. BRAVO!

molly n. warner said...

Court - I am marveling at your bravery. Thanks for welcoming us all into this journey with you - and for setting the example that much of what we want to and should do in this life can NOT be done alone. BRAVO!