Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Enjoy eating? Or eat to bring joy?

I love food. I always have. I have never been afraid of seconds, or a bigger plate of veggies... but somewhere along the way I think I started eating to bring joy. It's so strange how habits form and you don't really notice them. Until you are ready to?? or until you are willing to?? When I moved out on my own and then into marriage... when people weren't around to watch me or eat dinner with me any more... there was no shame. No one cooking accept for me. Lazy cooking started, or a dinner of cheese and crackers. Eventually, I even had a couple of evenings of dinner alone when I got married since Terrance has class or Sears. Food... dangerous. I've gotten better lately. Obviously with my quest that's part of what has to change.

No comments: