Monday, June 28, 2010

3 very short months...


How in the world does this even happen? 3 months ago my son came into the world... and he has already turned into a strong, little boy with an amazing personality. He loves to smile, look at people, and do things on his own. How did this happen in only 3 measily months? 3 Months is a ridiculously short amount of time. So many things have happened... SLOW DOWN! Its too fast, I'm NOT READY!

I think its okay for me to admit that I'm not ready for him to grow so fast, even though its already happening. I mean, we should all be so honest with ourselves, even though we aren't always, or even on a regular basis. So many times, I think if I don't think about it then maybe it won't happen, or maybe things will work out. This takes work people! I should just admit whats happening and then give it up, and when I say "up" I mean to Jesus. Lately, I just say a little prayer of thanks... or if its anxiety or need I just say, "please Jesus". Mainly because even speaking in paragraphs exactly what the stresses are... even when I'm saying them to Jesus... I feel stressed. He knows my hearts, so just those 2 words is all I need.

I have so much to be thankful for. My life has changed drastically in three months. I had 9 months before that to mentally, emotionally, and physically prepare. But nothing can prepare you for the vast amount of love that overpowers my entire being every morning when I look at that sweet face.

What overpowers you?

No comments: