Saturday, May 26, 2012

Renewal

Renewal.
to refine or reestablish
to start over again
to make new

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

If renewal was a color, it would be yellow or orange.  Bright as sunshine, sinking into the depths of your skin, warming your bones.  Welcoming you to its safe place. 

After darkness, there is light.  Those who experience the darkness, experience the light at different times.  Some later than others.  Our darkness may last months or weeks.  Some only for a few days.  I felt the smothering for a few months, I think.  Sometimes it hard to tell how long you have been in that place.  The only truth in there is that you have to wait for a way out.  For me, it is in the hope of love.  Love from my Lord which comes to me speaking to me through my family and friends, and even strangers. 

Renewal is not forced when you feel down and out.  I know women who have always struggled with the depression, and those that have just met it for the first time after having babies.  Being a woman is hard, being a mom is harder.  Finding yourself after becoming a mom... well... that's a mountain you just keep climbing. 

I just wanted to type some light after a heavy last post.  There is hope.  There is light.  There is peace.  Where do you see it for you?

No comments: