Thursday, August 30, 2012

List of Thankfulness: Friends

Why in the world is it so hard to make friends when you get older.  I am 31, two weeks away from 32 (yes I did just promote my birthday).  I am a birthday snob.

Anyways, as I've gotten older it has been increasingly harder connect in an AUTHENTIC way to other women.

We are narrow minded sometimes, and just can't seem to get out of our own way.  So here are 12 reasons, I am thankful for friends~ old and new

1. Accepting me for who I am.

2. Thanks for being open minded and not judging me.

3. Laughing with me.  Not just a little chuckle.  The real thing, even a roaring belly laugh.  (You know laughing helps you lose weight.)

4. Honest to ask awkward and tough questions.  Honest to be truthful and let me know if I have something stuck in my teeth.  Or something on my shirt, probably its snot... just warning you.

5. Sharing prayer request. And actually praying for me.

6. Having insane, wild, jungle like play dates with me and my two littles.

7. Dealing with my puzzle of a schedule.  Figuring out times we can hang out to make the most of it!

8. Encouraging me to take time for myself.

9. Respecting my opinion, and supporting me through tough times.

10. Letting me talk, actually listening, even when I repeat myself and talk to much.

11. Loving me and my kids and getting to know my husband.

12. Knowing things that bring me joy and sharing them with me. ( Coffee anyone?)



 
 

No comments: