Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prayer Journal

Here we go, starting the 2012-2013 school year.  (Yes, we are teacher's, and we function on the school year calendar like nobody's business.)

I stumbled upon this awesome list on Pinterest... 25 Prayers for My Husband, which then led me to read more about her prayer binder. Every year in August I start creating.  Decorating, organizing, creating new projects in order to cope with the fact that I am going to back to work.  Last year I had a newborn and redecorated my kitchen.  This year I am scaling back, I would LOVE to redo my master bedroom... but that's not going to happen unless I get a team of people in here.  So, I am starting two small projects. 

#1-  Crawford Family Prayer Journal

#2- A Toddler Office- more than just a play room

I used Jaime's basis from her prayer binder. I love her headings for the journal and of course, the simple- yet organized binder.  I stumbled on a binder (shocked we have those, aren't you?) with some great paper protectors in it already.  So I created my headings and added some of my favorite quotes that I've found on pinterest to each page.  I decided that if my husband would like to add to this, it would be a family prayer binder, not just for me.  So I changed some of the headings.  This is what I've got:

Praises
Daddy & Husband

My Children
Mommy &Wife

Family & Friends

Cover of Binder:  Crawford Family Prayer Journal


all pictures found on pinterest!

I hope to either sticky note prayer request in the binder weekly, or write them down on notebook paper.  I think this will be a great way to see how God answers prayers.  I want to be more aware and better at praying for others.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments: