Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Toddler Office, August is here.

It's here.  The dreaded day before I go back to work.  I'll be waking up tomorrow at 6 am, getting ready before my kids are up and head to work.  Daddy will assume his morning duties with the kids and our nanny will arrive at 7. 

I can't believe our summer has ended.  Don't expect much blogging from me between August and June.  This summer was wonderful.  I had so much fun being mommy to two, full time.  Nola started walking in June and that made everything even more amazing.  Nate's vocabulary and interest in trains, cars, buses, friends, ABC's and 123's added so much joy and excitement to every day!  He didn't completely get potty trained, but I'm not worried about it.  There aren't enough words to express how wonderful it is to be able to spend this time with my babies.  They are growing up so fast.  In some ways I am so glad!!!  And in many other ways, I'm sad.  I can't turn around and make them little again.  August is here, Nola is saying some real words now.  Dog, Mama, Daddy, Nate, Nana, Mooooo, she barks for the dog sound, and oinks for the pig sound, she asks for milk and cliff bars.  She tries to tickle you and loves to DANCE! This girl wiggles her hips!
They are older this year and there are no bottles!!  No scheduled feedings and nursing.  So they have a new schedule
I have this idea that the kids will have their own Toddler Office to work in.  Which I'm currently working on, getting ideas, and putting them together on pinterest... you can follow me here if you like! This is my favorite printable, so far!!  I can't wait to see all the things that Nate and Nola will learn through this creation!  Everything should still be flexible, but when choosing to do an activity- it can be focused for a short period of time! 

I'll take pictures of what I've done so far.  And post them soon.  I also want to add the children's easel from Ikea.  And this adorable kids furniture and rug...  creation central!!!    So far I've just repurposed shelves and storage boxes downstairs and on top of my dining room table instead of using them in Nate's closet.  Yay Toddler Office is coming together!

Time for a glass of ice coffee, kids are up from naps. 

Just two days of work this week, then Saturday and Sunday I'll be back to denial. 

CD Player, shelf repurposed. Listen to music and Jesus Story Book Bible.

Fabric from Ikea's scraps area.  Framed and taped over a box- repurposed DREAM word art.  Gift bag from when Nate was born, elephant.

This is an easy way to work on some stuff with your toddler.  Walmart, 3$ I think.  I wish it was more durable, but it works!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love this idea, and love the toddler book rec. Hope your first full week goes well!