Thursday, January 10, 2008

Be Proud

Hi All,
So yesterday I had some Oreos, not just two either... I'm writing about it just because it helps me be honest with myself, so please do not think that I'm being hard on myself... cause I'm not!!! I'm a realist!! Anyways, today, at lunch, our principal comes into the break room and on the table right in front of me, he lays out two fresh boxes of Duncan Donuts... An assortment of delicious, melt in your mouth, chocolate with m&m's, jelly filled, you name it, it was there. RIGHT in my face... and I didn't take one!!! I even helped a friend of mine NOT eat one!!! It was great!!! Especially on a rainy day, when I have no help, and I'm alone, I could have cheered up myself with a nice little 1000 calorie treat, but I didn't. Self-control, a-ha!

3 comments:

molly n. warner said...

Bravo, my friend. That's big. Another little nugget I picked up during my time with W W: No food tastes as good being skinny feels. Hmmm...I still think I'm sort of on a personal quest to prove this little quote false, but so far, I haven't done it.

Laura said...

wow...now that's some self-control. I honestly don't think I could have passed that up! Way to go.

Unknown said...

mol- i totally agree... it really isn't worth it... on tv i heard this girl say that it helped her lose weight to think before she bit into it... "how am I going to feel after I eat this?" good question! I usually feel worse about myself... the word guilt comes to mind. I don't want to feel that way anymore!!!

laura... THANKS!! You are such a great cheerleader!