Thursday, August 15, 2013

whole and sound

heal   (hl)
v. healedheal·ingheals
v.tr.
1. To restore to health or soundness; cure. See Synonyms at cure.
2. To set right; repair: healed the rift between us.
3. To restore (a person) to spiritual wholeness.
v.intr.
To become whole and sound; return to health.

To become whole and sound. Well, I started this post a while ago. Now that school has started it feels like an eternity since summer break. 
Anyways since the last three years my life has been turned upside down, this has been the best summer! 3 summers ago I had a newborn Nate and he was nursing. I was desperate to find a way to stay home, then desperate to find Childcare I could be comfortable with. Barely mentally prepared myself to be a new working mom. 
2 summers ago I was giving birth to Nola. Nate was 1ish. I was nursing and saving Nate's life on the daily. 
1 summer ago, Nola turned 1. She was finally mobile. It was better, but she couldn't do all that Nate could do. Pools weren't fun. Naps were required. Nate discovered Little Bear and Diego. 
Although there is never a full moment, nap time is still sacred, and I have the best of both SAHM and WM worlds. I'm still struggling to find time for myself and finding peace in the mom guilt moments. What I have seen have the biggest impact on my children is that they are well loved. They know who loves them and when asked they always include Nana and Ms. Kim. This touches my soul... I could be jealous. But The Lord has protected me from that. I have dear summer memories. And cheers to the future summers we get to celebrate! 

Nola's 2. Nate's 3. Sorry so blurry. Fire pit evening. 
2012. Nola's 1 Nate's 2. 
Mama of 2. 2011
Pregnant with Nola. 2011
Baby Nate bottom left 2010

No comments: