Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Goal Setting Part 3: Vision

VISION.... insert eyeballs here...


This is the most intimidating part of this journey so far.  Vision is a 6 letter word with high impact, broad yet narrow, wide yet focused.  Which is not terrifying at all....

Here is what Lara says: Write out your 2014 Vision.  You can do this in whatever way you feel most connected to.  A few questions you can choose from to get you writing:
  • What kind of life do you want to live this year?  realistic yet full of adventure 
  • Where do you want to be when you’re 80? living near the ocean, grandkids crawling all over my lap,  madly in love with my husband, able to look back with a grateful heart, worshiping Jesus
  • WHY do you do what you do? At the core of my being I am a woman.  I am a wife.  I am a mom. I  teach because it allows me to be passionate for students to love learning, but be at home as much as I can with my family.  
  • What is your mission? To find my anchor, spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally.
  • What is your CORE? truth, ability to self reflect and be the best advocate for myself.
In 2014 I will seek to be anchored in truth so that I may strengthen my mind, body and soul.  To find my best self. 


STEP 8: What is NOT in your vision?  What are you saying NO to?

-too many errands/obligations/activities on the weekends
-gobs of kids toys
-big birthday parties
-negative people
-mindless eating
-overeating (living to eat)
-laziness
-less mindless Social Media 

STEP 9: What are you saying YES to? 

-more consistant blogging (Who wants to pay me to blog?)
-intentional reflections
-reading the Bible every day (whole bible?)
-eating to live
-drinking more water!
-running and exercise
-running a 5k and 10k
-more regular date nights even a home date nights
-time with friends
-purposeful time with my N & N
-getting family pictures made


BONUS STEP! Pick a core word for 2014. What one word really resonates with you for the coming year?  

My Word!!!!!  anchor n. noun
  1. A heavy object attached to a vessel by a cable or rope and cast overboard to keep the vessel in place either by its weight or by its flukes, which grip the bottom.
  2. A rigid point of support, as for securing a rope.
  3. A source of security or stability.

    Hebrews 6:19
    We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. 


No comments: