Wednesday, September 3, 2014

thirsty thursday

When I started thirsty thursday, I was really focused on a desire which is so severe it becomes a need.

Just like water.

There are weeks that you need a lot of things.  You are calling out for help every 5 seconds.  And there are times where the basic needs are just that, the basics.  Yet a must for where you are that day.

Maybe its a friend.  Like a real one who can just hear you out, not get angry, and absolutely not judge you.

Maybe you need to be honest with yourself.  You really messed up.  You really do need to get more healthy and lose weight.  You really do need to be more loving to your peeps.  You really do need to spend more time with your children.  You need to love yourself, even the tummy that you hate.

Maybe you need to let out the feelings you are holding inside.  You need to tell that person that they hurt you.  You need to set boundaries with how they GET to love you.  You need to ask someone you trust to hear all of you frustrations and just putting it out there will allow you release some stress, of course they can't fix it, but they can help you carry the burden here on earth.

You might not have anyone that you trust to talk to... but prayer, my friend, is a door that is always open.  Maybe it's calling your name.  You need quiet moment, and if you have no words, do not worry.  He hears your sighs. When I was little I had nightmares.  Instead of running to my moms room, I remember praying.  Praying and asking Jesus to give me happy thoughts.  Our adult troubles are so much heavier, they effect our whole bodies.  We can't eat, sleep, we can't think straight.  We snap at people, we cry... but our prayers are still powerful.  We can't give up.  When we have nothing left, we can just keep breathing.



I don't know what exactly you are thirsty for today.  If you are honest with yourself, I'm sure you can think of something.

No comments: