Sunday, August 26, 2012

List of Thankfulness: First Week Back to Work

thanks pinterest

I missed my list this week.  Go figure.  So here goes nothing!

1.  Kids adjusted really well this week.  They look forward to going to Nana's house and playing with their Auntie and Cousins.  They love when Jessica comes over to play.  Super blessing to a worrisome mama's heart.

2.  Making new friends!  Hardest thing about leaving my old school, was leaving all my friends.  I started working there when I was single, dated Terrance, engaged, married and two babies 7 years later!  I grew up there, and knew everyone and loved my friends dearly.  This year I am not the newest on the block, and that is always good!

3. Second grade.  I didn't change rooms or grade levels.  And although we lost an amazing teacher, we also gained one.  Kindred spirits She even loves 90's music & coffee & hot glue guns & sarcasm:)

4. There is no better coffee than the first cup on a cool, early morning.

5. I get to come home to a lot of hugs, love and laughter.  It really isn't possible for me to put this into words.  I might cry. Full arms equals a full heart these days. 

6. Jesus is working on me.  He is giving me strength to get back into the swing of things.  Using people who read my blog that say thanks, so encouraging.  Using women who just mention that they are thinking of me through the transition... so encouraging. 

7. Prayer Journal Update.  I made my binder journal, and I have been sticky noting prayers and putting them in there.  I then think of them throughout the week, and know that I've given it to the Lord.

8.  Mani-Pedi and Glass of White Wine- 35$.  I was just going to get a polish change, but this was such a great deal.  I checked with the husband while driving home from school Friday afternoon and he said, sure!  So I went.  My goal this year is to do a much better job of taking some time for myself at least once a month.  This was the first of many!

9.  15 of 20 parents showed up for open house.

10. I survived.  We transitioned.  Our dinners weren't great, and there were definitely growing pains, but we made it.  I'm a fighter.

 

“For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!” –

2 Corinthians 4:17 

No comments: