Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dear Stay at Home Mom,

Man, what do you do when you are sick?  The past two weeks I've been so sick.  The second week, was doable.  Not nearly as terrible as the first. 

Last Monday I came home from work with a fever and freezing cold.  My husband went to his part time job, and I "played" with the kids until bed time, and then we all went to bed early.  Tuesday morning, I wake up at 5, try to shower and get ready for the day.  I could barely stand in the shower, and knew that I would never make it to work.  Called in a sub and took my temperature.  101.... My sick self ends up staying home with the kids.  I had a fever all day long, and was able to nap when they napped, but otherwise we just sat around. 

It is so hard to be sick with little kids.  I guess I could of still had my babysitter come over, and hope that I could have slept all day long.  Or ask my husband to stay at home from work.  What do you do?  Sometimes we don't know how sick we'll be until the hours go by and we feel worse and worse. And if you are home all the time, do you call your mom?  What if you can't call your mom... 

It's so hard to know the right and wrong way to do things sometimes.  And really, being sick is awful and trying to take care of your kids when your sick is really awful.  I just don't know how you do it.  I don't even know how I did it.  I think that week is such a blur.  I just kept hoping and waiting to feel better... I am still coughing.  Thankfully I have my energy back.  Being a mom and being sick definitely do not go together.

No comments: