Thursday, January 2, 2014

Don't Blink

My words have been dying to get out.  I hate that I can't seem to make myself be a regular blogger.  I know there are so many bloggers, but I do love to express myself  through words.  Not even Nickelodeon can steal my vocabulary. 

There has been a lot of blogger buzz about resolutions... ummm I do love a good goal.  A check list to prove how accomplished I AM! I am!   However it is such a daaauuunnnttting task.  And then my thoughts become jumbled into shambles and I throw my arms up in surrender.

You know, all of a sudden it feels like 2013 came and went when I blinked.  Until, of course, I permit myself to dwell. I started feeling a word in all of my stuff.

brave
 
Bold, intrepid, daring, dauntless, heroic.
Brave, courageous, valiant, fearless, gallant refer to confident bearing in the face of difficulties or dangers.
 
2013 had one danger after another. These things were disheartening and scary. They broke me, bashed me in. 

I saw myself picking up the pieces, one foot in front of the other.  I can see now how I allowed myself to be open even though I didn't feel safe. I see a woman who chose bravery. 

Hopefully 2014 won't be so brutal. I think healing and hope from 2013 will persevere. 

But I am not the same. My children changed me. My husband chose me. Chose to fall in love with me day after day. I chose trust, faith and bravery. I believe in He who gives me strength. 

Maybe my word for 2014 is hope. Or perseverance. I want to have hope for my dreams that keep slipping through my finger tips. I also want to persevere with my health. Losing weight, running, setting physical goals. 

I guess I need to decide. 

No comments: