Friday, July 11, 2014

thirsty thursday... late


thirst·y

   [thur-stee]  Show IPA
adjective, thirst·i·er, thirst·i·est.
1.
feeling or having thirstcraving liquid.
2.
needing moisture, as land; parched; dry or arid: the thirsty soil.
3.
eagerly desirous; eager: thirsty for news.
4.
causing thirstDigging is thirsty work.


I started this yesterday, and by design, my children decided to not take a nap... soooooo!

My first thirsty thursday post is here... if you want to read it!

I got to thinking, a wondering, a pondering, what are some other definitions of thirsty?  What I love so much about words is that you can play with them.  You can make them do back flips if you want.

How thirsty is your soul this week, what are you craving?

This week I'm thirsty for a great Sunday morning.  Sweet worship, cooling ice coffee, time to hear some heartfelt truths.



I'm also thirsty for a vacation from my vacation... traveling is great, but you have to restructure yourself when you get back.  Get organized again, put the laundry away, clean up what you had left behind, water all the sad (thirsty) plants.



I had great work out yesterday!  I went with a friend to the Y and took a body pump class, very inspiring.  Definitely encouraged my thirst to keep working out, and working hard! Great to remember that I am not alone in this journey, I am not a loser, I am still beautiful in my body even though I am not satisfied, and I just have to keep going one day at a time.



I'm thirsty for alone time.  I just want to sit at the ocean, and breathe it in.  I do not want to hear, "mommy!!" or "Ms. Crawford!!".  I really don't want to hear pokemon, or peppa pig... I just want to hear the waves break and fall, crash and smooth into the deep blue.



John 4:14English Standard Version (ESV)

14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.[a] The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

You thirsty for a dream
Leaving me drowning
Boy there ain’t no SOS
Filled with discontent
Finding you can’t quit
Why you try to so damn hard?
Mariah Carey... 

These got me thinking... I've got to thirst for the right things, uplifting and encouraging.  Soul stirring, and refining. This world, is not all that there is.  


2 comments:

Msales said...

Love the Mariah Carey reference. Thursday is a great time of the week to rejigger oneself and craft a soul-filled weekend.

Unknown said...

It is such an honor to me, that you read my blog Meka! Thank you very much for your sweet comments and encouraging words!