Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm Coming Home


I'm coming home

I'm coming home

Tell the world I'm coming home

Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world that I'm coming




Coming home is the hardest part.  I have plenty of trips where I've out stayed my welcome.  I'm ready to leave, I need my own bed, kitchen, and space.  I feel like I can't rest so home is where I need to be

Dear Beach, you are not one of these places.  You, my soothing friend, are a slice of pie, breath of heaven, my perfect place.  We miss you already.  We missed you before we pulled out the driveway, we even missed you when we woke up to see you our last morning. 



Coming home is the hardest part.  My sweet children could live at the beach happily, I mean who needs school? Let's just be beach bums forever, tan and scraggly. Walking around in bathing suits and barefoot for the rest of our lives. Roaming the sand like the crabs, and bouncing through water like jellies. We had a beautiful cloudy day our last day with you, when N & N realized we were packing to come home, they had huge eyes full of tears. 

We are so grateful to my parents for planning this trip and always ask us to join them.  They even added a grand child this year, and we can't get big enough for them to not plan this beach trip with all of us in mind.  That is a blessing.  They may not even know how they have given us time for healing, breathing, serving, loving, blooming, growing, resting, and laughing.  Such joy can never be replaced.  

Here are some of my favorite memories... Fripp Island Family Vacation 2014













and more on this later... but happy 9 years this week to ourselves...  XOXO

No comments: