Monday, June 7, 2010

all dogs go to heaven




It finally happened. Hard to believe, but we are a dog free family now. Parker was adopted by a friend of mine with 2 kids. So he is in heaven. Ray has gone to live at the Great Dane Rescue, which is an amazing heaven, with great danes everywhere. The entire plantation :) is fenced in, where the dogs can be free and socialize. They are surrounded by people that love BIG dogs. It takes a special heart.
I never thought that it would come to this. Out with the dogs and in with the baby. I really thought we could do both. But its too much. I had to admit that I was not enough for Ray, Parker and Nate and Terrance. I just can't take care of everyone well. Instead of half-assing any of it, I had to choose the humans of course. But I promise dog lovers, that we did not find homes lightly. All of our dogs went to heaven :) Maybe we loved our dogs more by admitting we weren't enough for them. I feel a little sad that this is the way it went down, but I know in my heart we did the right thing.

No comments: