Friday, September 16, 2011

Permanent

I have this desire to do something crazy for my birthday this year, something concrete, permanent, something I can't forget even through the hustle and bustle of my life. So, I'm thinking a tattoo. Its hard to decide what exactly though. And EVEN though my husband thinks that the wrist is a crazy spot... its visible and its a place even I can see. I want to be able to see it, and I don't care for the way foot tattoos look in normal shoes, like the stilettos I always where... or not.

I figure I can cover it with big bracelets if I feel the moment calls for coverage. But otherwise, its a place I can be reminded of my focus, and daily pursuits. Now, the what. I call upon the words from the poem I posted recently, i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart), the lower case letters, the phrasing, the parethesis... i love the whole poem. For me this embodies my feelings for my kids and my husband. Especially my children. I carry such a fierce love for them. Its the deepest secret that nobody knows, and the wonder that keeps the stars apart. Its my love. 

Here are some pics of others who have also loved this poem and gotten it imprinted on their bodies, but remember I pretty sure I want this on my wrist.



What do you think?

No comments: